SCORE Synthetic Cutting Fluid Proven Better Than Oil! Provides Big Benefits to Automotive Glass Plants.
A large automotive glass plant that produces windscreens and sidelights was frustrated with the negative effects of using oil. They switched from a popular and widely used cutting oil to SCORE 4150, which is Not An Oil, and gained these benefits:
- Safer / Non Flammable!
- No More Defoamer!
- Reduced Microbial Growth
- Washes Off Easier & More Completely
- Improved Overall Coolant Quality
- Allows for Lower Washer Water Temps
In addition a Process Engineer at that automotive plant ran a 6 month comparison test of SCORE 4150 vs a common cutting oil and discovered the following:
- Less Foam in Coolant Tanks “Within Hours!”
- Saved $500/mo by Not Needing Defoamers.
- Saw Cleaner, Better Coolant Quality “In Days!”
- Dropped Solids from Nearly 1.0% to Less Than 0.3%.
- Cuts were Well Protected from Healing.
- Cleaner Coolant Lengthened Dump / Clean Schedule.
Score was developed as a green alternative to oil-based cutting fluids. Score is an inorganic, non-flammable, synthetic scoring fluid. Oils and kerosene have been used for decades in the glass industry, but Engineered Coolants is leading the auto glass industry into the future of better, cleaner, and more sustainable products that are also safer for employee’s health.
- Cleaner system.
- Cleaner breakout.
- Higher production.
Contact us to discuss a Free Trial program!
Read Complete Case Study (PDF)